Friday, February 24, 2012

Rethinking Pinstripes

     Hmmm... definitely not a favorite outfit. In fact I think that these pictures made me realize just how unflattering this skirt is. It sits a little lower than my natural waist, is too long for me and flares out just at the bottom portion and so my hips are emphasized. Definitely will have to toss this skirt into the donate pile. No worries though.. the bigger the donate pile the more room my closet will have for lovely new finds. :)
     Besides the skirt, I love everything else about the outfit. The color of the sheer top, the comfy leather ballet flats and my new favorite leaf ring given to me as a gift from my bestie! Come to think of it, if I swap out the skirt for a pair of jeans I will have a comfy new outfit for the weekend. :)


 Since the skirt sits right below my natural waist, it emphasizes my midsection. Not very flattering. I find that I need skirts to either sit at my natural waist (the smallest part of your misection), or at the top of the hips (usually an inch or so below the belly button). I would love to know what rules other people go by when it comes to the fit of a skirt? :)




Top, belt: F21
Necklace: Rosebowl Flea Market
Skirt: Ross
Flats: Nordstrom Rack

No comments:

Post a Comment